Provides electro-mechanical manufacturing engineering expertise to the Manufacturing Engineering team through enhancing the design and implementation of the Semiconductor equipment/Atmospheric System Manufacturing Operation. This role includes three major areas of responsibility supporting:
New Product Introduction Engineering: Function as Manufacturing Core Team Member driving DFx (design for manufacturability and assembly) and new assembly process design and development throughout the New Product Introduction (NPI) life cycle from concept, development, pilot, launch (locally and overseas) and volume scale-up ensuring safe, effective, robust, and reliable manufacturing processes.
Sustaining Manufacturing Engineering: Responsible for providing daily sustaining manufacturing engineering expertise and support ensuring safety, quality, delivery, and cost goals are met.
Continuous Improvement: Responsible for identifying and driving continuous improvement programs using LEAN manufacturing principles and Six Sigma methodologies. Drive optimization of assembly processes and associated supply chain related processes. Provides support and/or lead capacity expansion projects, as well as projects to improve product and process robustness.
- Develop, review, and maintain robust and reliable manufacturing processes, production flow, assembly methods, and production equipment.
- Design, develop, and test various tools, fixtures, machinery, and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods. Includes cost benefit and make vs buy analysis.
- Understanding ECO processes for manufacturing documentation released
- Lead or support new product transfer locally or overseas when product is mature
- In depth understanding of the complex system BOM structuring and system configuration
- Develop and document quality system for new programs (control plan, PFMEA, process flow, work instructions, and inspection plans), evaluate and update documented manufacturing processes
- Provide daily hands-on manufacturing engineering support as required to Manufacturing Associates and Technicians.
- Use analytical problem-solving skills to troubleshoot assembly and test related issues on the manufacturing lines and address root causes.
- Run process and test evaluation to gauge level of control and provide support for SPC.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or other related Engineering