Contract to Hire
- Responsible for performing mechanical engineering research, design, development, modification, and evaluation of valves, mixers and associated systems using engineering fundamentals, FEA and CFD techniques and group New Product Development process.
- Primary focus is on New Product Development in line with high level corporate objectives.
- Responsible for generating and/or coordinating design layout and drafting activities and verifying accuracy of project documentation.
- Participate and conduct design reviews.
- Intensive product validation and assembly shop activity required to verify theoretical design concepts.
- Work with lab technicians, other engineers to conduct testing of the existing and/or new product as required.
Create extensive documentation and test reports to ensure all observations are recorded as per test plan.
- Design fixtures and jigs for lab and manufacturing needs and conduct independent experiments or tests required for design validation.
- Collaborate with manufacturing partners and suppliers for design implementation.
- Analyze test results and provide documented recommendations.
- Support manufacturing design implementation for new products and existing product modifications, including training and assembly line personnel training.
- Support cross functional teams during new product launch.
- Support other personnel, technicians, to meet project milestones.
- Follow Group NPD process for new product design and development.
- Create, write, implement, and modify engineering specifications and procedures for various processes and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master’s degree is a plus.
- 5+ years’ design engineering experience required
- In-depth knowledge and proficiency with SolidWorks and PDM software or similar 3D CAD software.
- Min 3 years’ experience of thermal and structural FEA software.
- Min 3 years’ experience with commercial CFD software.
- Experience and emphasis on system level understanding of equipment design.
- Experience working in manufacturing set up.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of fluid dynamics, thermodynamics and engineering design practices, welding methods, basic metallurgy.
- Thorough Understanding of Product life Cycle.
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards (ASME BPE, USP VI, FDA, PED (EU), cGMP, BPOG) is a significant plus.
- Strong communication and organizational skills with ability to work on multiple priorities at once.
- Proven experience in implementing processes in collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Proven ability to resolve problems independently and take appropriate action in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English is required.
- Strong analytical and technical writing skills.
- Working conditions are in an office and warehouse/assembly environment with regular use of phone and computer for email and communication media.
- Candidate must be able to travel on occasion to assess and visit customers, vendors and other group companies as required.-