Job Title: PLC Programmer (Contract)
Onsite Location: Outside Portland Oregon
Job Type: Contract 3-4 mos. (might have option to extend contract and set up machinery at customer site in South Carolina) 40 hours very likely to have overtime
Automation Equipment Company
The PLC Programmer must work within a project team to develop cutting edge automation equipment.
These systems include feature such as:
• Bosch, Beckhoff, or Siemens PLC control architecture
• Sub-micron PID Servo motion control
• 4 to 6-axis robot integration
• Custom User Interfaces following SEMI standards
• 2D and 3D Laser Metrology Your Responsibilities
• Architects, designs, codes, tests, and maintains complex PLC software applications.
• Develops detailed software design specifications for assigned projects.
• Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge in PLC software design, testing techniques, and PLC software development tools.
• Provides design guidelines, and general and detailed software design specifications to other software engineers.
• Suggests new and innovative approaches to solving problems.
• Meets project deadlines.
• Effectively assess and communicate project risks. Deliver risk mitigation plans.
• Excellent organizational, problem solving, and time management skills.
• Excellent PLC software development skills.
• Expert at PLC programming of Siemens and Allen Bradley PLCs (Beckhoff & Mitsubishi a plus)
• PLC servo motion control integration experience.
• Excellent PLC UI development skills (following SEMI standards).
• Ability to actively participate in team development and team-oriented processes and motivate others to do the same.
• Ability to startup and debug complex systems.
• Ability to read electrical schematics.
• Ability to derive solutions to complex problems.
• Able to use existing standards, procedures, and practices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Use Microsoft software – Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
Education and Experience
• BSEE or BSME
• 5+ years recent manufacturing and machine control programming experience.
• 5+ years PLC Development experience.
• Experience integrating software with Scara and 6-Axis robots
US Citizen or Green Card holders