This is a permanent position for a New Product Introduction (NPI) Manager. Responsible for providing design support and interfacing with engineering team coordinating release of products and acting as a liaison between engineering and manufacturing. Management of the electrical and mechanical NPI teams. This includes the NPI electrical engineering team, electronic engineering technicians and the mechanical design/drafting team; assigning, balancing, and prioritizing of tasks/projects within these disciplines.
Skills and Responsibilities:
• Design support, inclusive of electrical design, mechanical design, drafting, transitioning of engineering designs/documentation to manufacturing, OMSs (Operational Method Sheets), compliance documentation, and sustaining engineering.
• Interfaces with engineering team, both electrical and mechanical, coordinating release of products and coordination of engineering, manufacturing teams, contract manufacturers, and vendors.
• Actively involved at start of projects with engineering supporting BOMs, ECOs, product structure, and coordinating transition to production with manufacturing.
• Maintains, enhances, and develops drawing requirements, consistencies, and BKMs.
• Manages the NPI team including the NPI electrical engineering team, electronic engineering technicians and the mechanical design/drafting team; assigning, balancing, and prioritizing of tasks/projects within these disciplines.
• Ensures accuracy and conformance with approved internal requirements.
• Responsible for managing, maintaining of CAD data, leveraging the PLM system.
• Expert level knowledge of PLM system documenting engineering changes, manufacturing changes, new part requests, new manufacturing part numbers, BOMs, etc.
• Supports project managers and engineers in creating and maintaining BOM and ECO revisions in PLM system.
• Acts as liaison between internal engineering and manufacturing departments, contract manufacturers and other vendors during R&D stages.
• Generates assembly Instructions which includes step by step instructions and graphics/photographs and assembly drawings.
• 5+ years of knowledge and experience in NPI role, coordinating with engineering and manufacturing teams. • 10+ years of experience with designing and drafting.
• 10+ years of knowledge and experience of 3D CAD, preferably Autodesk Inventor.
• Mechanical or electro-mechanical design experience.
• Design experience with vacuum design, mechanisms, thermal management, X-Ray shielding.
• Understanding of documentation management processes related to BOMs, ECOs, ECR and related documentation.
• 5+ years of experience with Agile or web-based PLM system.
• Ability to gather needed information and provide judgment and feedback based on partial and incomplete information. Understand the need to work/cooperate with multiple departments (Engineering, Manufacturing, R&D, Marketing/Sales, Service).
• Candidate must be comfortable with a fast-paced environment and ongoing support of multiple projects.
• Strong verbal and written technical communication skills to effectively collaborate and share information is a must.
• Motivated and well organized in their work product.
• Physical requirements:
o Must be able to work indoors in an office setting. Requires full capabilities to work full time at a computer workstation and in laboratories around mechanical and electrical hazards. Required education: BS degree in mechanical, electro-mechanical, mechatronics engineering