Develop, test, and document designs for vacuum systems, transport mechanisms, and various hard
disk processing stations, including deposition chambers, substrate heating, cooling, cleaning, etc.
? Assume responsibility for technical assignments involving basic or applied research or the
design and development of hardware products including the design, fabrication,
modification, and evaluation of electronic and/or mechanical devices, components or
? Devise the initial concept of the assigned device, component or system and participate in the
overall detailed product design.
? Specify and evaluate environmental conditions such as temperature, load, vibration, high
vacuum, etc.; analyze equipment to establish operating data and direct or conduct
? Develop cost estimates for products and projects.
? Coordinate with manufacturing during pilot run and first production runs to ensure efficient
transition from engineering into production.
? Monitor the progress of assigned devices; components or systems to ensure that technical
problems are solved.
? Prepare documentation, drawings, procedures, or manuals as necessary. Maintain high
level of technical competence and state-of-the-art awareness.
? Typically work under limited supervision.
1) Bachelor’s Degree plus five years’ experience or Master’s Degree plus three years’
experience in Mechanical Engineering.
2) Proficient user of Solidworks or similar 3D CAD software
3) Strong preference for experience in semiconductor or Solar Equipment Design.
4) Familiarity with Design Reviews, Concept and Feasibility, and Productization stages
including ECO Release of Manufacturing quality documentation
5) Experience in vacuum system design and heat transfer.
6) Experience with dynamic electromechanical system design.